Sako 85 mounts

Varmint Hunter

Thinking of buying a Sako 85 Carbonlight. Rifle weighs in at 5.3lbs. Looking for the lightest ring/base set-up for this rifle. I will probably use a 1" scope with small objective (under 40mm).

Doesn't look like the popular Talley lightweighs are available for this rifle. Does anyone have another suggestion?

Talley steel bases and rings are not going to add that much weight yet will be a very strong mount. I had them on a Finnlight with a 30mm scope and it was still a very light rig.

Also depending on what caliber you are shooting with that light of a rifle, recoil may be more significant therefore the need for a strong scope mounting system. Good luck.

I will be getting a 260 Rem or 7mm-08. Just haven't decided yet. This is a LW project so I'm looking to save every ounce. Mostly just a fun project, not really needed for climbing Mount Everest. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.