Scope Ring Opinion

gkrodg00

Greetings,

I am new to long range precision shooting and had a question regarding scope rings.

Could I solicit opinion/experience with Nightforce scope rings? Would one be better off pairing their rings with their scopes or some other manufacturer?

Conversely, has anyone had any experience with FNH scope rings (link below)? Would one be better off pairing their rings with their rifles?

30mm Steel Scope Ring Set

My current project is to pair the FN PSR III w/ a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS, any strong opinions/suggestions/criticisms on scope rings?

If I were you I would go with the nightforce rings. they have a great reputation and you will not be let down.

Would one be better off pairing their rings with their scopes or some other manufacturer?

I use NF rings with my NF scopes.

It is my opinion that scope rings are a great place to shave weight. The lightweight NF rings are exactly that and they work well.

I guess one of the determining factors would be height. If there was one company that offered something more optimal in height I'd probably look there first (I'm picky though).

NF rings are very good IMHO I have several sets of them. I also Like Seekins rings bases very much. Seekins are also lightweight and very strong as well as being made to very close tolerances

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.