scope ring

Johnny Boy

I have a Browning A bolt in 7mag. Planning to buy a Viper PST 4-16x50. Will be putting on a EGW rail. Wondering what size scope ring will work with minimal clearance. Was thinking low rings might clear, but not sure. If extra low clear that's even better.

Thanks,

JB

I have a Browning A bolt in 7mag. Planning to buy a Viper PST 4-16x50. Will be putting on a EGW rail. Wondering what size scope ring will work with minimal clearance. Was thinking low rings might clear, but not sure. If extra low clear that's even better.

Thanks,

JB
YOU SHOULD BE FINE WITH THE LOW RINGS. I HAVE A VIPER 6.5-20X50MM AND I RUN A PST LOW RING ON A 20MOA SEEKINS RAIL AND IS JUST RIGHT.gun)

TZS, will it also clear the Butler Creek caps. how about the extra low rings. How much clearance do you think they have or if any.

I also have a butler creek flip up cap and I would say I clear it with about 1 credit card thickness. Im not sure if extra low rings would clear. I will try and post a picture tomorrow showing it if I can remember. I am at work today and wont get home until the morning.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.