Scope Mounts for Mark 4 on a Rem 700

KurtB

Wanting to put a 4.5-14x50, Leupold 54660 on my custom Rem in 257. It is a fairly large scope. Rifle specs are Mcmillan Classic stock, standard fill, Hart #4 fluted and finished at 26" and lefthanded. What one piece base and rings would be recommended for holding that scope without being overly heavy? Rifle without scope goes around 7.5 pounds. Suggestions as all I have run are one piece lightweight Talleys.

Southpaws Unite! lol Sorry, check out the NightForce Direct Mount, one piece construction 0 or 20moa cant & NightForce quality. You are looking at about $250 for the setup, which isn't cheap, but considering what it's holding on to, well worth it.

Attachments

• Direct Mount.jpg
    Direct Mount.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 113
Check out NightForce lightweight rings and bases or Seekins Precision for same. I've been very happy with Seekins Precision lightweight Pic rails and scope rings and the price is more reasonable.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.