Scope Level Question.

cpugsie

What's your opinion of the Mountain Tactical Rapid Level?

I recently purchased an Xtreme Hardcore Gear Picatinny rail with the level at the end I wasn't happy with. With my low scope mounts, I couldn't get the scope forward enough without hitting the scope eyepiece on the end of the rail where the level is. And seeing the level was impossible with the scope totally blocking its view. Nice machine work and it probably would work nicely with higher scope rings. Just not for this rifle/scope combination. Watch the video.

The farther forward your level is mounted, the easier it is for your off eye to focus on it.

With that said, forward, unblocked and not so offset that it wants to break off is a hard combination to pull off.

I would suggest MK machining for a low cost but high quality 3D printed scope level.

I have a Wheeler folding scope level on one of my guns. It works but it looks and feels cheap.

My best setup is my American Rifle Company Xylo chassis that has two retractable bubble levels in front of the recoil lug slot. It's pretty much perfect placement, function and quality but it should be in a $1,300 chassis.

Xylo is great, MK Machining is a nice budget piece, if you can't find anything else that will work, look at Wheeler.

I have had great results with the Lone Star and Vortex levels . Not the most expensive but do the job ! I tryed to mount them closer to my eye but just didnt like it . I do wear glasses too.
20200322_110033.jpg

Rum Man

What's your opinion of the Mountain Tactical Rapid Level?

I recently purchased an Xtreme Hardcore Gear Picatinny rail with the level at the end I wasn't happy with. With my low scope mounts, I couldn't get the scope forward enough without hitting the scope eyepiece on the end of the rail where the level is. And seeing the level was impossible with the scope totally blocking its view. Nice machine work and it probably would work nicely with higher scope rings. Just not for this rifle/scope combination. Watch the video.
I've moved away from bubble levels to the Send iT electronic level by Long Range Arms, purchased from Brownells, around $230. A little more expensive, but I've found it worth the extra cost. Easily moved between rifles so don't have to buy multiple bubble levels. I've tested all the bubble levels (NF, Vortex, Accuracy 1st,.....) against very accurate precision machinist levels.....Starrett, Mitoyo, etc. None of the vial levels are any more accurate than 0.5deg with many being around 1-1-1.4deg....a few much worse. Shooter reading errors magnify the inaccuracies greatly. The Send iT is adjustable to 0.2deg and features LEDs to indicate level Reds and Blues indicate cant....Green is level.....Send iT. Attaches to picatinny rail horizontally or vertically for mounting flexibility. LEDs eliminate "reading" the vial and associated issues. Only option better is the in-scope electronic levels.....Sig Tango 6, and I've heard but haven't seen others.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.