Scope lab test

Sierra22

thank you very much sierra22 for your time.

Rest asure there was no hostility in my post, only admiration for your work.

(...now if only someone could post the entire result of the burris, I would be a very very happy camper..., thinking of getting one and I would like to know what Vapentidningen didn't like about it... )

Regards
herb
[email protected]

Hehe, that I can do, no sweat in that...

Burris Fullfield II 3.5-10x50
Field of sight 3 points
Eye relief 2
Tube effect 4
Ergonomy 2
Sight adjustment 4+2
Change of impact with magnification 3
Resolution 10
Contrast 7
Anti-reflex 4+2
Light transmission 9
Twilight performance 7
Total score 58
Comment: The biggest surprise of the test. A scope with very good image quality in daylight. Sharp and clear picture with surprisingly good colour resolution. Field of sight is also very good. In twilight it loses some light despite a very high light transmission. Unfortunately, the crosshairs turns shiny with light on the objective, but it is still perfectly adequate for shooting. The ergonomy is poor with slow adjustment turrets and a poorly designed magnification wheel. The conclusion is that this scope is a very good buy for a reasonable amount of money.

Finsnes is a small place in southwestern Norway, in Vest-Agder county.

Finnsnes is a small town in northern Norway, in Troms county.

I would guess that Finsnes is the correct spelling, as the name Kvale (same pronouncation as Quale) is fairly common in Rogaland and Vest-Agder but not that much in Troms.

If you ever should get the notion of tracking down your Norwegian relatives, it should be a relatively easy task.

There are 45 persons registered by name Quale, 63 by Finsnes, less than 3 with Finnsnes, and 497 with Kvale.

Sierra22 ,
Great stuff . I only wish we could get more objective info. on optics and other hunting equipment. Most magazine editors shy away from this sort of comparison for fear of upsetting an advertiser .
Maybe those who have criticised the results could design and conduct a better , more objective test? This scope vs that scope seems to really stir up emotions here .If someone else doesn't like the same scope as you do , get over it. There are a million bigger issues that you can stress over .
wink.gif

Thanks for the report Sierra.
I bought a couple of copies of vapentidningen when in Norway and they are best gun magazines i´ve read.
I have a Zeiss, Nightforce and a Leupold, and Leupold is by far the worst.

Well, for a change some test results actually make me happy, as I happen to have a Carl Zeiss Diavari V 3-12*56 mounted on my rifle. And I love it.
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.