Scope Torture Test

Throwing scopes around is part of how I test them anymore. Not every scope gets thrown, it kind of depends on who loaned it to me for the testing and if they mind me scratching it up. I've also dropped my rifle intentionally, held from the barrel out at arms length, to see how well the scope handles that. The scopes I've been involved in testing are of higher quality, and I've yet to have one not hold zero from being thrown. I have some other ideas though that'll I'll make into a video, but it'll have to wait until next summer. The testing portion will also use multiple cameras and be uncut. I can't release full details, but it'll be pretty extensive and abusive!

Geb

Dropping scopes on grass doesn't prove anything. Striking the bell on wood doesn't prove anything either.

A more realistic test would be to drop the rifle with the scope attached and to bang the scope knobs against a wooden log.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.