Scope is blurry

Hello,
The turn around time is up to 4 weeks. If the optic moves even the thickness of a post a note that may cause up to 4 MOA of shift at 100 yards. Lapping the rings usually voids the warranty but that's on NF rings I don't know Seekins policy. Setting the diopter is crucial to getting the most out of your optic. Anytime you have a question or need help with your optic please give NF a call 208-476-9814 ext #3. I hope this helps.

I read these forums at least once a week, you are the first to mention fatigue, human error. The average shooter will shoot moa at 100 with good equipment and good ammo but when you stretch it out to 300 and over everyone should know that your margin of error is tripled or more at longer range. Look back at the other forums and hardly ever is human error is brought up. Trust me I have been shooting center fires for over 51 years and loading my on ammo for just as long. When you go back to shoot again get a good nights sleep make sure you have eaten a meal and the try your groups again, practice as often as possible and see how your groups are. At my age (67) one day I shoot better than the next. Last thing you did not mention temp, wind or other variables. Try this and let me know....good luck !

You got some very good advise! I have many NF scopes. All I ever use is TPS aluminum rings. Never had to lap any of them. Start by installing the rail, or bases. You can use blue locktite here, but not on rings. kinda loosely(finger tight) set the bottom ring on the base and set scope on it. should be obvious if it doesn't mate up. If good, then adjust eye relief and using a bubble level, make it level. Tighten ring screws as per instructions.To re-state the above comments, the reticle needs to adjusted so it is clear and sharply black. That adjusting ring has been hard to get loosened the first time I've done it. Once the reticle is focused, then move on to the target and dial in the parallax. NF doesn't have range markings, just dashes, for good reason. You need to sharpen the focus and forget distance as some ranges may say 100 or 300 yds, but they could be off quit a bit for focusing to that range. And lastly, get in touch with NF if problem persists. They are very willing to help!

If y
Alright guys I need some advice. I recently purchased a used nxs 5.5x22x56 and mounted it on a brand new ruger precision rifle 6.5 creedmore. Today I took it out for the first time. After sighting in at 100 yds, I put first three in same hole. After that it started going to **** but not enough that I thought scope was moving. I just figured it may be fatigue since I was still shooting 1 moa at 100 yds. Let me mention I was doing a barrel break in procedure after each round or so... so barrel was not dirty and I was breaking for a few minutes between each shot. The wind was blowing about 10 mph at my back. I moved target back to 300 yards and fired 4 rounds. Results were about a four inch group which I am not pleased with at all coming from this scope and gun. So first question I have, at both 100 yards and 300 yards the target was slightly blurred. At 300 yards I was not able to even see the red 1" bullseye. I had the eye relief set appropriately and parallax adjusted the best scope would allow me. I turned down magnification to about 16x, which made it slightly clearer but still not good. This is my first nightforce and expected much better. Do y'all think something could be wrong with glass?

Secondly, when I got home i started closely inspecting everything and I believe the scope may have slightly moved back due to recoil. I can see very light marks on scope tube at bottom which I do not remember seeing when I purchased the used scope. I did lap the rings prior to mounting and tightened to nightforce recommended specs of 25 pounds using loctite. Should I tighten more?
When you moved the target out did you readjust the paralax?

I shoot with a few Nightforce scopes, and not that I know anything, but the guy that I have order them for me, will always recommend a titanium ring setup for Nightforce scopes. I have never asked why, I just trust that the quality is there and you get what you pay for.
As for the clarity issue, just send it to Nightforce, if you can't focus it for your eye, they are great IMO for warranty issues.
The titanium lite weight NF rings are not titanium, they are aluminum. The cross bolt, nut, and side clamp are titanium. Nice rings though.

Mark, you sure did hit the nail on the head! Yep, I had forgot that mental AND physical health play a key role in seeing and hitting the target. I'm a bit older than you, and I do have those days where one is a good day and the next is a "duh" day,can't hit good at all. I have also seen the crosshairs one day be sharp and the next dull/blurry. I need to write myself a note as I have a bad case of CRS. :(

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.