Scope improvement suggestions

340ORHNTR

I have a Leupold VX III 4.5-14x40 and i was going to put an M1 style elevation turret on it but do you think it would be worth it to put a windage turret on the side since it's already there? Or would it not be a waste of time? It is on a 340 Weatherby that is used for hunting out to about 700 yards for now. Thanks.

sp6x6

I have the same scope with a B&C reticle in it, and I have a plain moa cds dial on it for elevation, which I like because it is only 1/2" tall, you might like it for windage, low profile. The reticle above has some built inwindage

340ORHNTR

So if the M1 turret has some windage built in i would not really need the separate windage turret? Or am i way off?

sp6x6

Sorry , your off, a B&C RETICLE HAS SOME BUILT IN WINDAGE, THE CDS dial is just a nice low profile, which would work good in a scabboard or such. I DONT HAVE A WINDAGE one, but do for elevation. I shot a mil dot version, w/ target turrets on may 340 for quite a few years

KRP

Have the windage turret put on while it's there. No sense shipping it back and forth twice!

340ORHNTR

Thanks guys. I will put the low profile turret for windage. Once it's there i might as well get it done.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts