Scope for a Savage 220 slug gun

CleanShot

Hello

I'm looking to buy a scope for a Savage 220 I'm going to purchase soon. I was hoping to spend sub $300 as this isn't exactly a long distance gun. I was thinking of a Leupold like the VX-2 or Mark 1 but I noticed that Woot is having a sale on some Zeiss scopes for decent prices. Carl Zeiss Scopes

Are these the right types of scopes I should be considering or should I be looking at something different?

Thanks
Sam

I'm sure they would be fine, but they do make slug scopes specifically for a reason. I have both the Nikon slug Hunter and the Leopold. Out of the two I would have to give the nod to Nikon handsdown. I do have the Leopold on my long range slugger only because the retical is more fine. May be replacing it with a Nikon soon.

Oddly after I posted I was just looking at the Nikon Slughunter. The price point seems quite good and I saw some positive reviews on it. I think it's leading the race at the moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.