slug gun scope

rightwingnut

Looking for advice for a Savage 220 scope. Order of priorities are.......
1. eye relief- atleast 4 inches
2. holding zero
3. glass quality/light transmission
4. magnification

Im in MI and 75% percent of shots are under 100 yrds and usually in wooded areas. Considering Nikon slughunter 1.65x5x36 or maybe the same but in the 3x9 or a Vortex Viper 2-7x32. Would like to shoot 200 yards if good/confident shot prestented itself. Nikon has a BDC reticle and Viper has Deadhold reticle. Price range is under $250. Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

I own a Nikon Omega 250 with the bdc for my TC Triumph and I love it.... I also have a friend who I hunt with shot a doe at 257 yds with his rem 870 cant 12 ga witha 3-9 slughunter with the bdc.... I would go with a 3-9 you just have a greater capability. That same friend also has that same savage and uses a leupold ultimate slam 3-9 and he is shooting moa at 100 yrds with rem-accutips

Go with either the slughunter or the ultimate slam

I like both ....btw Nikon has a new software program on the site call spot-on. U put in your ammo type and gage and nikon scope and it will give you drop points all the way out and you can print them off and tape them to the stock for reference. There are alot of variables in play so these arent perfect numbers buttttt shooting is a science and it will be close ... so go shoot and verify.

Good hunting my friend! nikonhunting.com for the spot-on

Also check out the Redfield 3-9x40 with accu-plex reticle you can pick on up for under $175.

Reasons for this suggestion also:
1. Made in the US by Leupold
2. Same reticle design as the SABR in the ultimate slam
3. Comparable glass and features to a Leupold Rifleman or VX-1 which are over $200
4. Redfield line I only hear great things
5. Same Leupold warranty

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.