Scope for a 30 Nosler build......

CheeseFries

I'm putting together a 30 Nosler that will be 90% target (at known distances, no need to range) and 10% hunting (need the best low light capabilities). Targets out to 1200 yards, hunting no more than 300 yards.

My priorities...
1- top notch glass and low light capabilities
2- repeatability and zero stop - I don't range with it, just use elevation and want to use the elevation turret with any hesitations
3- illumination

I am fine using SFP as I don't use the reticle for much more than aiming and I can always turn to the magnification setting that matches the reticle if I wanted to range. I have always liked MOA and that's just how my mind works. I will make sure the turrets and reticle are both MOA. Weight does not matter and I have a $2500-ish budget.

I feel like the Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PMII is a scope that would serve me well for many years with my intended usage. Is there anything that I am missing or other scopes that I should be considering. I have some Noctivid 8x42 binos and I am addicted to great glass. Any other suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.