Scope field evaluations on rokslide

Of course they can fail, but they do so at a much lower rate than most any other. But I don't need to read it again, because
None failed on the Rokslide evaluation.

There are 2 NF scopes on the eval.
A 4-32 NX-8 :
Results-"The scope works. It functions and adjusts as it should, it holds zero. I have seen a significant number of these scopes, all of them functioned correctly."

A 4-16 ATACR:
Results- "This particular scope has been absolutely trashed for almost a decade. True abuse- hundreds of drops, a massive amount of rounds, etc. The reticle lens is actually cracked from a 15 foot drop . It has never lost zero, and has never failed."

You don't consider a cracked lens, failure?

You don't consider a cracked lens, failure?
No. The scope still functions as an aiming device, and did not loose zero. After falling 15 feet and still holding zero, and only sustaining a few cosmetic blemishes on the reticle lens, I would consider it amazing.

Here is the damage:

1701901430301.png

I would consider that scope junk, and send it for repairs immediately.
Would bother me a lot having to look through that mess.

That's the point, Form has been using that scope with cracked lenses for years and it still functions fine. Maybe someday people will realize that scopes are aiming devices and not observation devices.
Not going to happen ever. Most don't know enough or care enough, and are emotionally tied to what they have always used. If it has "an awesome warranty" or "great glass" it's perfect and doesn't need to function as a scope should. One of the responders to this thread joined LRH 8 months ago and has 544 posts- spends WAY more time on a keyboard than behind a rifle! 🤣

Not going to happen ever. Most don't know enough or care enough, and are emotionally tied to what they have always used. If it has "an awesome warranty" or "great glass" it's perfect and doesn't need to function as a scope should. One of the responders to this thread joined LRH 8 months ago and has 544 posts- spends WAY more time on a keyboard than behind a rifle! 🤣
Folks don't know what they don't know, they just continue doing it the way they always have.

First off I owe an apology to @Paladin300 . I got a little carried away and it's not always easy for two people to convey their opinions in a respectful manner.

I still think the scope testing threads have value and we should approach them with an open mind and a grain of salt.
I appreciate your candor. I too have been a bit over zealous in making a point.

Recent Posts