Scope field evaluations on rokslide

I would never degrade the eastern guys, they're hunting and that's what matters in the end. But I think their use case is significantly different than others and the gear they rely on is also held to a different standard because most of the time it can be.

This is in my early knob twisting day 4-14 black ring,mildot.Lived on a 340wby,fell with it one day and had to beat bolt open with a stick.In use on my 325 wiz bang
IMG_0336.JPG

Guys , Form never said you can't kill animals with a cheap scope . Heck , I killed my first Elk with a $300 Simmons scope .

The point is if you are going to spend up to $30,000 on a sheep hunt , make sure you have the best and most durable equipment you can buy .
Or even if you just spend $8000 on an Elk hunt , why let saving a few dollars cost you a trophy ?
Heck , iron sights have killed a ton of animals , but are you going to use them at 500 yards .
Get over the brand loyalty and start thinking objectively .

Not saying this about you but I did too when I had dogs...
but 10 miles in SD or Iowa is much easier than a mile in country like SP6x6 posted above... and the O2 difference is a huge affect.
There are chukar hunters out there that are machines though!
I cover 10 miles or more for mountain grouse, flatland pheasant, wheatfield huns- you name it. I live along the continental divide range.

Attachments

• DDEBEEE9-AB89-4C0F-B7D8-F2A59AEDF541_zpswz4e5zls.JPG
    DDEBEEE9-AB89-4C0F-B7D8-F2A59AEDF541_zpswz4e5zls.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 9764788A-D668-45FE-A570-346DA7FB276B_zpsxcilv52p.JPG
    9764788A-D668-45FE-A570-346DA7FB276B_zpsxcilv52p.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 35
  • Pearl on the mountain .jpg
    Pearl on the mountain .jpg
    83 KB · Views: 32
**** skippy! But 90% of our members success photos are in a food plot with a box blind in the background.
I see a lot of western bucks on here but to be honest I draw my gaze to them. I've had my fill of eastern WT.

When I lived in WV and hunted in the Potomac highlands you bet your bippy we were covering nasty terrain like billy goats. My old Remington 722 bolt action bears witness scars to all the tumbles and slides. I had an older Nikon scope (still have it) that lived thru some abuse.