Scope field evaluations on rokslide

Man, why you gotta go and post a TRG? I have been continually successful at NOT buying another one for like a really really long time, but you and others like you don't make it easy. Show some respect for a man in turmoil for the last 20 years, would you?

I HATE factory rifles, but TRG's are so smooth. I don't think most people that have never had one can ever realize. (and that trigger... boyooo)

I'm just saying... mind yourself, would you?

😆

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

It is nice!😉 If the new ones weren't so expensive I probably wouldn't bother building anymore custom rifles but at $6500+ You can build a lot of rifle!😋 It is one of my favorites.

OH, and by the way @Paladin300 ... you should be ASHAMED of yourself for having that garbage on top of that rifle. If ever there was a place for a Tangent Theta. For the love of pete. 🤣

At LEAST put the S&B over there.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I like the Cronus! I own 2 and they just work. The TRG is a 308 and it really doesn't need more. The S&B is on a 300 WM.😁 I have a Mark 6 3-18 that might suit it better but it shoots so well I hate to mess with it!

You might get away with all that cussing and nonsense when you're talking to someone else... but not me!

Put the S&B on the TRG, or you're dead to me.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I could add insult to injury!🤣 The 300 is a Sako too! It is a rare piece. A Semi custom Sako A7 Range with a trigger job, the Atlus works shroud, bolt and elusive bottom Metal & ASICS 10 rd mags all custom fitted.😉 They both shoot half moa groups. Hard to decide who gets the Schmidt??? Been thinking about a ZCO? Possibly a NF Atacr? I don't need anything but this ain't a needs kinda sport at this point!😂

Last edited:
Here's a recent example. Buddy's leupold VX whatever, 3-9 on a 30-06. I made some handloads for him that seemed to shoot well. A week before his hunting trip, "checking zero" the group looks like this:

View attachment 522214

I retorqued everything and loctited from action screws on up.

View attachment 522215

Convinced him to buy a trijicon 3-9, mounted, boresight one shot measured and adjusted. There's 7 shots in there.

Wasn't the shooter.

View attachment 522216
You guys check for parallax? It's amazing how many people I run into at the range that have no clue what it is and how to check for it.

Those two top groups look pretty similar to me and would easily be accomplished with parallax issues and head placement.

You guys check for parallax? It's amazing how many people I run into at the range that have no clue what it is and how to check for it.

Those two top groups look pretty similar to me and would easily be accomplished with parallax issues and head placement.
Parallax wasn't the issue. 2.5" group (larger on the first target) down to 1" group. With a fairly decent number of shots. Even with the worst possible parallax setting (both of these scope are not adjustable) the cross hair is not going to move anywhere near that much. I could shoot left handed upside down and the parallax isn't going to do that at 100 yards.

Beginning to realize this thread is mostly falling on deaf ears.

Parallax wasn't the issue. 2.5" group (larger on the first target) down to 1" group. With a fairly decent number of shots. Even with the worst possible parallax setting (both of these scope are not adjustable) the cross hair is not going to move anywhere near that much. I could shoot left handed upside down and the parallax isn't going to do that at 100 yards.

Beginning to realize this thread is mostly falling on deaf ears.
You could be right and it not of been parallax but I think your underestimating the effects of parallax at 100 yards as well.

It was just an observation as the groups look exactly the same albeit one being wider. Here's just some random inputs but theres a 1/2" error @ 100 yards not even considering any other factors.

Results using your inputs (below):
50mm Objective lens and 200-yard fixed parallax setting

Range
(yards)
Error
(mm)
Error
(mil)
Error
(inches)
Error
(moa)
100​
12.500​
0.137​
0.492​
0.470​
200​
0.000​
0.000​
0.000​
0.000​
300​
12.500​
0.046​
0.492​
0.157​
400​
25.000​
0.068​
0.984​
0.235​
500​
37.500​
0.082​
1.476​
0.282​
600​
50.000​
0.091​
1.969​
0.313​
700​
62.500​
0.098​
2.461​
0.336​
800​
75.000​
0.103​
2.953​
0.353​
900​
87.500​
0.106​
3.445​
0.366​
1000​
100.000​
0.109​
3.937​
0.376​

Oh my, this is just wonderful. I have so much nostalgia from this post. I think I read this same post in 2002. Almost as much nostalgia as I'd get from grabbing onto an original AIAW. lol 😂
I see you really like your Athlon Cronus scopes good luck of you ever need warranty for any of them.

I see you really like your Athlon Cronus scopes good luck of you ever need warranty for any of them.
Are you brain dead? Where do you get the impression I like athlon scopes? I tried several of each model when they came out. They were fine at that time… nothing special, but I'd never buy one today.

Omg can you believe a guy on the forum went to timbuktoistan and shot a sheep at 1260 yds with a freaking leupold. Those things lose zero riding in your truck.

You didn't tell us math was on the quiz......my brain aches, I quit 😂

IMG_4892.gif

I had skimmed through some of this thread and read some of the tests on rockslide awhile ago. Well I finally got some time to set up and verify my scope was still zeroed after hunting season. A little bothered by the test results but had just killed a coyote at 425 so new it was close. I have a vortex lht 3-15-50.
It was dead on at 100. I ran it out to 500 it was perfect. This rifle was on 8 days of Montana badlands hunting, nd whitetail hunting and coyote hunting. Plus rides in pickup almost everyday to farm minimum 70miles. 2nd season on scope Last year I had an additional elk hunt. I know there are better scopes out there but I can't say anything bad about this scope.