scope cleaning.

gohring3006

What do you guys use to clean the lenses on your scopes?
I noticed some scopes come with rain guard. Is this just rain x?

My scope lens probably gets wiped most of the time especially in the rain with my T shirt or a paper towel if I remembered to stick one in my pocket. Have never used lens caps. :)

If the scope is on the rifle I use distilled water and an optics cloth (available a any store that sells glasses) or one of the flannel cleaning patches like what you clean the bore with.

If it's off the rifle, I just dunk it under the faucet and use the same type of cloth to clean/dry.

For just the outside of the scope, any soft towel or paper towel and some distilled water. When I put them up for the year I put on scope covers of some sort and use a lightly oiled rag to wipe the metal ONLY.

I use a lens pen or those cloths that come in every scope box. I have used those alcohol looking wipes. They are alright but rather use the pen or cloth.

Jason

3006, the optic department at Sam's or Costco have lense cleaning kits with cloths and solution reasonably priced.

Thanks guys
So what is everyones thoughts on Bushnells rainguard. Do you think its just rain x or should I not put anything besides lense cleaner on my glass?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.