Scope Base for Savage 110

Tim Behle

I'm looking for a 20 MOA base to fit on a Savage 110 Action. Something in a one piece Picatinny or Weaver style.

Any suggestions?

Tim,
You have at least two options:
a. costy but very nice - Near Manufacturing, check out www.nearmfg.com. Superb machining and finish, true Picatinny specs, sweet. Fit like a glove. Deal direct with Richard Near, address on website.
b. very reasonably priced and excellent machining and finish. Not mil-spec so not as many cross-slots since they are on 1/2" centers. Hollowed out underside, should be bedded to receiver for best fit and performance - simple to do and instructions with the base. Past concerns with screws breaking, this has been fixed and Ken Farrell is a great person to talk to and deal with. Check out http://www.kenfarrell.com, you can order from the site.

Brownells might have others. Heard that Badger is going to do Savage bases but nothing on their website yet - might have just been a rumour.

Ian, I had been thinking of a Farrell base, but according to their website, two weeks ago, they no longer make them to fit a Savage rifle.

I emailed them and asked if they could still make one, but never got a reply.
frown.gif

If you think those Near bases can hold up to temperatures that rise above freezing,
wink.gif
I'll take your word for it and give them a try. (If they ever write me back)

Thanks,

Tim

Long action or short? If it was me I would go with a Badger Ordnance base. Marty has been makin' em for a couple of months now. Give us a ring at GA Precision and I'll hook you up.

Tim, within the last month I purchased a 20 MOA one piece base from Ken Farrell for my savage model 10. I would suggest you give them a call. As far as the base goes, I am please with the design and quality. I haven't shot the rifle, but I am trying to get to it.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.