Scope advice and set up

Clubhunter

I bought myself a new Remington 700 Sendero in a 300 RUM. I am looking to put a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 or 56 on it. Looks to be a minimal amount of weight difference. Any pros or cons about the differences besides more light gathering?
Also for long range hunting, which reticle works best, the MOAR or the MOAR T? Last question, I am also putting on the Lightweight one piece Talley mounts. I think I would need the High mounts for the 56 but could I get away with medium with the 50?
Thanks for your input..

Clubhunter,

I bought myself a new Remington 700 Sendero in a 300 RUM. I am looking to put a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 or 56 on it. Looks to be a minimal amount of weight difference. Any pros or cons about the differences besides more light gathering?
Also for long range hunting, which reticle works best, the MOAR or the MOAR T? Last question, I am also putting on the Lightweight one piece Talley mounts. I think I would need the High mounts for the 56 but could I get away with medium with the 50?
Thanks for your input..

I am a fanatic! for great lowlight performance. I would go with the 56mm. If weight was not an issue I would be using a 56mm Nightforce on my ultralight. As far as the reticle, I have not opinion.

It's the MOAR not thinner MOAR T. It's loaded. High speed, zero stop, illuminated, and 5.5 to 22. Added Nightforce lightweight rings with bubble and 20 moa rail. This set up on my Rum is outstanding.

It's the MOAR not thinner MOAR T. It's loaded. High speed, zero stop, illuminated, and 5.5 to 22. Added Nightforce lightweight rings with bubble and 20 moa rail. This set up on my Rum is outstanding.

Thanks, I pulled the trigger on the NSX 5.5-22x56 MOAR C434 today. Now I have to figure out the best route for rings. I want the bubble on top of the back ring so I am not sure if that points me back to Nightforce. I have Badger Ordinance base and rings on my other gun and they work fine. I was looking for something potentially lighter.

Thanks, I pulled the trigger on the NSX 5.5-22x56 MOAR C434 today. Now I have to figure out the best route for rings. I want the bubble on top of the back ring so I am not sure if that points me back to Nightforce. I have Badger Ordinance base and rings on my other gun and they work fine. I was looking for something potentially lighter.

you'll like these:
-Ultra LightTactical Scoperings

3rd Gen shooting supply stocks them.

I have that NF scope in both 50 and 56 mm. With the 56 the med. tally lightweight rings will fit, there is a minimum amount of space between bell and barrel but enough in my opinion. I like the scope as low as possible (with out touching ) when its on a stock that has no adj comb. The 50mm will fit lows with plenty of clearence. MP

I have that NF scope in both 50 and 56 mm. With the 56 the med. tally lightweight rings will fit, there is a minimum amount of space between bell and barrel but enough in my opinion. I like the scope as low as possible (with out touching ) when its on a stock that has no adj comb. The 50mm will fit lows with plenty of clearence. MP

Thanks for the advice.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts