scope adjustments

lbarger

this question will probably make me a fool but here goes. recently purchased vanguard hog reaper in 308,vortex diamondback and mounts, shoots 3 inches low @ 100 yards and out of scope adjustment,all the way up. scope centerline is one inch above barrel? its got to be my age taking over. can someone help this old fool out. I have mounted many scopes in my day. what did I do wrong.

I bought a Vanguard S2 300win and after reading about rail options heard the rem 700 LA mounts would work. Set my Viper hst on leveled it up and went to shoot. I couldn't hit paper at 50 yards(ran out of elevation) called Weatherby and told them my story and with a slight chuckle he told me to buy the right bases. Bought a rail for a mkv, went back out centered my elevation and was 2 inches high at 100. So check your bases and rings

I bought a Vanguard S2 300win and after reading about rail options heard the rem 700 LA mounts would work. Set my Viper hst on leveled it up and went to shoot. I couldn't hit paper at 50 yards(ran out of elevation) called Weatherby and told them my story and with a slight chuckle he told me to buy the right bases. Bought a rail for a mkv, went back out centered my elevation and was 2 inches high at 100. So check your bases and rings
Either something is terribly wrong with your scope, mounting or mounts or you have a 20-30 MOA rail instead of a 0 MOA rail would be my guess.

I had a similar problem recently and it proved to be that the rear ring had come loose. Not even obviously so but it made the scope utterly impossible to zero.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts