Scope Adjustment Problem - Need Help

Csafisher

OK i got a nikon monarch 4-16x42 for my ruger 10/22. I do not have enough elevation adjustment to zero it at 50 yards. With the elevation all the way up the point of impact is about 2 inches low. What should I do? 20 moa base??

That, or go with some signature rings through Burris, I have had great luck with these, you can get the offset inserts to get the adjustment you are looking for.

Tony.

something else is amiss here. I would triple check the mounting, bases, rings etc. . .

lightbulbI would check your scope adjustmenst by physicaly running both the elevation and wingdage adjustments full up / full down; windage full left / full right by counting the number of clicks it takes stop to stop. Having done that you simply count out half for both elevation and windage and set them to to this value. What you have now just done is set the sighting device to neutral.
Now begin your sighting in procedure.

I would definately check your mounting of the scope, I put a Tasko with mid quality Leupold rings on my Rem 597 with no other mods and shoot it to 230 yrds with no problems in the elevation adjustment. After a day at the range I then re zero it to 50 yrds for grouse and rabbit hunting with no problems at all. I agree with some of the above posters that something is wrong here.

Well I had a leupold on it and it worked fine. Didn't mess with the base or anything, just took the top of the rings off and put the new scope on. Everything is tight. So i don't know what the problem is

Any possibility of having got anything under the scope on the swap that would be holding the front of it up higher than it should be? If not then I would think there is something wrong with the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.