Schmidt & Bender

Camo123

Is Schmidt & Bender worth the price? I have an opportunity to buy a used Schmidt & Bender Long Range 4-16x50 scope with A8 reticle. What is a fair price for this scope? Would it be suitable for hunting elk and mule deer? What rings or bases should I use to mount it on a Model 700Sendero® SF II (7 Mag)? The gun is a gift for my son and I am looking for a good scope to match to it for all around hunting. This one caught my attention since it is used and I believe Schmidt & Bender makes good scopes and I can get it for a pretty good discount, or so I think I can. I would appreciate any help you guys can send to me.

Yes depending on the price. Schmidt & Bender is widely considered to be the best scopes and glass made. Im sure your son would be more than thrilled to have that set up.

I assume you mean the 4-16x50 Klassik. A very nice scope. The resolution and contrast are excellent. The A8 is a heavy plex reticle design - not my first choice for long range. if you can get it a good price, it would be a fine scope to own, even if your son eventually switches to something with a milling reticle.

Any quality Picatinny base and fully machined tactical rings would work fine. Leupold, Nightforce and Seekins are good ring choices. There are several others.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.