Scheels had Adg???

Scheels has been ahead of Cabela's for 20 years or so, just smaller. Luv the Cabela but, sold out to Bass Pro, never seemed like the same family run business, after those ol Nebraska roots days.
I USED to be a huge Cabelas fan. They had top quality merchandise and their customer service couldn't be beat.
They still have decent merchandise- when they have it, which locally means never.
Their customer service went South before the BP buyout.
I hate to say it, but their Billings store borders on pathetic.
I once bought a Savage rifle from them but had to go to Scheels to get the rings.
"We can't stock everything." is the response I got from their gun counter guy!?

Grabbed 2 boxes 300WSM earlier today. Free shipping too! Scheels is way better than BP or Cabelas. When Cabelas went public, satisfying wall street became more important than their customer base. It was evident to me how bad it turned when Cabelas had better selection of jogging bras than ammo.

I USED to be a huge Cabelas fan. They had top quality merchandise and their customer service couldn't be beat.
They still have decent merchandise- when they have it, which locally means never.
I once bought a Savage rifle from them but had to go to Scheels to get the rings.
Had the same thing happen at the FTW cabelas. My dad had a gift card that he wanted to use on a scope. He bought a $500 vortex for a 6.5cm he has and the store had ZERO 34MM rings in stock. I once bought cabelas gear because of the lifetime warranty but now it's like a 30day warranty on pretty much everything and the quality isn't the same.

Scheels is the only place I've seen 6.5 Grendel, .410 shotshells and ADG brass in the same room since 2018!

They also have some cool "dealer exclusive" factory rifles that aren't your normal big box store rifles.

Grabbed 2 boxes 300WSM earlier today. Free shipping too! Scheels is way better than BP or Cabelas. When Cabelas went public, satisfying wall street became more important than their customer base. It was evident to me how bad it turned when Cabelas had better selection of jogging bras than ammo.
I haven't been to cabelas or bass pro since scheels came to town. And I'll never go back……….unless they get 230 hybrids in.

Had the same thing happen at the FTW cabelas. My dad had a gift card that he wanted to use on a scope. He bought a $500 vortex for a 6.5cm he has and the store had ZERO 34MM rings in stock. I once bought cabelas gear because of the lifetime warranty but now it's like a 30day warranty on pretty much everything and the quality isn't the same.

Scheels is the only place I've seen 6.5 Grendel, .410 shotshells and ADG brass in the same room since 2018!

They also have some cool "dealer exclusive" factory rifles that aren't your normal big box store rifles.
They also honor anyone else's price as well at Scheels.

That's the problem with all the newer Cabelas. I remember going to the one in Mitchel. They had everything. Now in Billings, MT, Columbus, OH, Missoula, MT all marginal at best.