Scent control sparys

I do my best to not smell like the cook tent or old spice deodorant. I use unscented soap, deodorant, laundry soap, etc in an attempt to not drop an unusual scent, but wind is the key.

I have literally walked within 15 yards up to a deer that was staring at me (I had an elk tag) with the wind blowing in my face. I have also seen deer and elk bolt when I was 750 yards away and I felt the wind on the back of my neck. If I approach on a stalk, I make sure the wind is my friend, or otherwise I hold back so I don't blow the game out of the area due to scent

Scentlock clothes and dead down wind spray. I've been using them both for several years and have great success. Tried code blue last year and wasn't impressed. Just last week I had a 180"+ buck walk directly down wind from me at no more than 30 yards and he didn't have a clue I was there.
Two days before that I had a young buck come in and bed down within 35 yards of me directly down wind. He stayed there close to an hour.

Agreed with above, doesn't work. There is no physical way for it to mask the amount of scent particles your body is constantly putting out. I do wash my clothes with dead down wind laundry detergent. Other than that I just shower without soap and use generic scentless deodorant.

At the pbs banquet in San Antonio I was sitting at gene and Barry wensels table where they were selling their wares and I met roger rothars son ryan I believe was his name he was an engineer he said that they ran tests in a lab on scent blocker where they say you put it in a dryer and it will rejuvenate it he said their findings were that the charcoal had to reach 750 degrees before it was cleansed of odors take this as you will just what I was told I do know sometimes you can get away with anything and the next time you get blowed out of the timber depends on the day and atmospheric conditions at the time. David

Im an avid archery elk hunter here in AZ. As others have stated, waste of money IMO. Wind is key, and if you get a little bit of wind swirling on a close stalk you're in trouble.