GUN CONTROL

bjlooper

Though you might like to read this post from another fourm
DR B

" Subject: GUN CONTROL

Whether you agree or not, it's an interesting lesson in history. Something to think about...
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control.
From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents,
unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------------------------
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in
Australia were forced by new law to surrender
640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of
Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!) While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australiansociety of guns." The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it. You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear our president, governors or other politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans.....before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson. With guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are subjects. If you value your freedom, Please spread this antigun control message to all of your friends."

I got this as an email and have no way of verifying it. Perhaps some of our Australian posters can help with the dates and stats from their country. But it IS food for thought!

Thats why I'm a ferm believer that every able bodied man should do his duty here in the states and serve as a police officer. Even if its only a couple hrs a week people realy need to get out and look at the way things are , get their head out of their @$$ and look past the media BS and see what realy goes on.
AND , once your a commisioned officer and have had the proper training your able to carry your gun legaly.

NOTE : I said propoerly trained as their is a huge amount of guys with guns and badges that have no buisness with either

JD, you hit nail with the hammer there!!

I have a lot of buddies who are law officers around here and they are very good at what they do. Then there are a lot of other officers around here who were guys who were picked on in highschool or have a inferiority complex and have no business in the job they have!!

I guess that is the way it goes though.

steve

Interesting post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

Not really sure which gun "buy back" your talking about (1996 all pump/semi shotguns, all semi rifles and submachineguns) or the more recent one (2004 i think) which outlawed ALL handguns over 9mm/.357/.38. Both were followed by increases in violent crimes and both seemed to just channel more weapons to the crims. Also you guys might find it interesting that now they are trying to ban sports like Duck hunting, IPSC and Action shooting as well as all semi auto handguns!
All this dispite the fact the police admit the majortory of crimes are commited with Unregisted/Unlicenced weapons!

In less than 10 years I believe that Australia will outlaw ALL firearms completely, and give people like me no choice but to become 'crimanals' or move to another country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif .

Interesting article, some politicans will not admit that criminals will procure guns illegaly or so it seems.We have plenty of gun laws already they just must be hard to inforce??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JD/sniper:

My feelings are, strongly, that there are only two forces on this ol' earth. One is the "dark side". That's where the gun control guys are and it will always be that way until.....

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting article, some politicans will not admit that criminals will procure guns illegaly or so it seems.We have plenty of gun laws already they just must be hard to inforce??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not hard to enforce,they cant hold guns if they have no hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ice Sniper, We have plenty of land over here in NC. Nice weather, beaches and scenery at the beaches. Come on over.

JD,
I am not going to get into the gun control issues here in the UK otherwise i shall start ranting, but i cannot possibley see how becoming a police officer can have any effect on a governments gun control policy.

I pressume you are or were a serving police officer, then let me ask you how you would feel as a citizen and police officer about dissarming your fellow citizens and countrymen under orders from your government? which may mean in the worst scenario using terminal force.

This task was enforced by the police Here in the UK under threat of a jail sentence, if you did not comply, because of gun licensing a tactical firearms team could ascend on your home in the early hours because they had your address!
Luckily no one was stupid??/brave?? enough to resist the dissarmement, i dont think this would be the case in the USA.

There are some fine officers in this country but i think there are lot more who enjoy enforceing the law.
The police in this country swear allegiance to the crown not the people like in a Republic.

Ian

Center Punch , my point was that here in the US once you have been through school and you have your commision your government qualified to own and carry a weapon as your badge and commitment to protect and serve is with you on duty or not.
I have no problem disarming anybody that has not had proper training and does not legaly own a weapon. I have taken weapons away from people that had the legal right to own them and had bought them legaly the problem was that they were doing somthing stupid with them , shooting in an unsafe direction , flashing the weapon around in public or somthing else that they had no buisness doing. I turn the gun in and when it goes to court I make a recomendation to the judge that the gun not be given back untill that person has had a proper fire arms train class.

It still baffels me that you can't buy a hunting permit without haveing first been through a huntersafety education class yet any other mud for brains mutant can walk into a sporting goods stor and buy a gun , no questions on education or experiance , it makes me sick!!

I'm not up to date on the rules and regs in the UK as far as being a reserve officer but maybe you chould check into it. I woulden't give up y commision for anything , it allows me to carry my weapon legaly and it allows me to have some cool toys , (happiness is an MP-5) and it helps keep my eyes open to the troubles that are overlooked.

JD,
In the scenarios that you described it was your duty to dissarm these people, what i am talking about is the moral issue, if your government decides to go against your constitutional rights to bear arms and decides on mass dissarmement of the people.

Here in Britain if you are a retired or reserve police officer or reserve military personal you have no right to carry a firearm unless it is for sporting purposes and then only at approved ranges or land for which the landowner has given permission and the authorities have cleared this land as a safe zone.

This does not include pistols and revolvers which are banned from all apart government agencies (police,security forces etc,)and knackermen.

Serving police officers are only allowed to carry guns after extensive training and then only as part of a tactical firearms unit whilst on duty.

It is however legal for all our Members of Parliament to carry concealed handguns when they conduct their ministerial duties.
An across the floor shoot out on a dissagreement, Now would'nt that be something "Gunfight at the Houses of Parliament" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.