Best Scent Killers?

Chuckhunter

There are so many to choose from, are they all similar or are there a few that really work better than others. Just want to purchase something that I know works. I don't want this to be a chevy vs ford thing. Would just like to hear what avid hunters are using and why?

There are so many to choose from, are they all similar or are there a few that really work better than others. Just want to purchase something that I know works. I don't want this to be a chevy vs ford thing. Would just like to hear what avid hunters are using and why?

Not sure about "best" but I've been using these combinations for awhile now with very good success.

Scent%20liller%20and%20cover_zpsptxllp0e.jpg

Last Wednesday PM, a WT fawn bedded 10 yards in front of my stand and a fox did his marking directly below my stand bow hunting. :D

Good luck!

Ed

Whatever is the cheapest. However, I don't care what you use deer will bust you regardless if down wind.

I agree. I think Elk will also. I think the best reason to spray scent killer is to spray on your boots and pants when walking to your stand. That way you will leave less of your scent when walking to your deer stand. If a deer happens to cross your trail, it might make a bit of a difference if he doesn't smell you when you walked in. All bets are off though if he smells you sitting on your stand.

I use a lot of scent killer spray and probably for a different reason than most, so I don't stink like the rest of the guys. I use it to spray my uniforms (lots in the armpits), t-shirt, and underwear in the summer months. I spray them, let them dry, stick them in a gallon ziplock (or compression bag), and bleed all the air out. This goes with me on our frequent field/situational training exercises that last for several days. No showers (just field hygiene) and minimal gear means you will smell like a bucket of *** in short order. This makes me feel/smell sooooo much better than the other guys out there. They will smell so bad by day two that you can find their patrol base at night without night vision devices, just come up from down wind of where you think they are.
I also do this before I go out of state on a hunt.

Whatever is the cheapest. However, I don't care what you use deer will bust you regardless if down wind.

Agree but their curiosity can get them killed. I remember my hunting buddy (from PA) and I were bowhunting hunting in AZ in the early 1990s, he surrounded himself with orange peels and a small herd of muley does came within 10 yards of him to investigate and all we can do was look at each other and enjoy the show. :D

I've always sprayed Scent Killer on my boots but the rest of my hunting clothes are in airtight totes covered in Dirt Scent dryer sheets for the year until hunting season and when I get to my stand I put a few drops of Fox Pee on the ground next to my stand. I've had deer walk within 5 feet of my stand and sniff the ground where the Fox Pee was. Also one year I had a Black Bear come up to where I had a ground stand and poke his nose so close to me I could of touched it. So, this works for me.

And I've often taken a full blown crap from 40' up out of a tree stand and had two 8 points come sniff it!

Maybe it was the scrambled eggs and bacon they liked!!

I used a product called Final Step last season and was impressed enough to use it again for this year. Instead of trying neutralize your scent, they are bottles of sprays made from the oils of the plants and trees in the local surroundings. You simply smell like what they smell all day in their habitat.

I use it when I'm out filming elk herds as well and regardless of the wind they don't seem to key on me at all.

Final Step Cover Scents

~Robert

And I've often taken a full blown crap from 40' up out of a tree stand and had two 8 points come sniff it!

Maybe it was the scrambled eggs and bacon they liked!!

Yep, that's pretty good Mulhern, I'd be real carefull where ya'll step by that tree stand:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.