Scary incident at the range

Attachments

• 556_300AAC.jpg
    556_300AAC.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 343
Thanks to all for the responses. I do own 300 black although not shooting it that day. I am going to assume that somehow a 300 BO round got dropped in with the 556 ammo previously. My bad for missing it when I loaded the mag. I am lucky and humbled by the experience. Ashamed to say that I assumed a 300 blackout would not chamber in 556. Definitely a learning experience. Attention to detail is the key.

.300 Blk will chamber & fire in a .223 Rem/5.56mm gun. And it will take that .30 cal bullet that weighs 120gr right on down to .224 diameter. Mystery solved. Next comes the denials & that's not possible but the proof is in the weight & length of that projectile shown.
I was going to say exactly that but wasn't sure if it was possible. Looks like a 30 cal forced thru a 5.56 barrel... long and thin with deeply cut engraving from grooves.
Lucky to come out alright after that!
The gun is replaceable.

I had a local youngster bring me a 6.8 SPC AR night hog hunting rifle with thermal scope.
He said its hanging up after firing and won't cycle the next round. Failure to feed.
When he arrived and handed me the rifle and mag... I took a quick look and asked if this was the exact mag and ammo that was giving trouble. He said, yes sir.
I handed it back to him and said... Here is your problem...5.56 ammo was loaded in the mag in the dark of night and run thru the 6.8 rifle.
Dangerous situation.

Was shooting AR yesterday. About 10 or 11th shot the rifle blew up. I was shooting factory rounds from a reputable manufacturer (bulk box of 1000). At the shot I felt powder hit my face. The bottom was blown out of the magazine and several rounds in the mag were dented/deformed. Bottom of bolt carrier was mangled. Got home and got the bolt back and this is what is left of the case and the projectile that came out has me dumbfounded. Take a look at pics and tell me your thought please. View attachment 368915View attachment 368914View attachment 368913View attachment 368916
Need more details ie: diameters, case length.......anything

Thanks for the video!!!!!!!!!
Anyone that owns both a .223 and 300 blackout shoud watch this video!
Exact reason I got rid of anything 300BO. I use a plate with a 1/4" hole drilled in it to test any 223/5.56 ammo prior to or while loading mags. It's time consuming, but it is a necessary safety measure to prevent the kids from getting hurt. I am also the only one that loads mags unless I have pre-checked the ammo.

One reason I like the 6mm ARC, 6.8 x 43mm and the Grendel over the 223/5.56.