Scary incident at the range

I had a local youngster bring me a 6.8 SPC AR night hog hunting rifle with thermal scope.
He said its hanging up after firing and won't cycle the next round. Failure to feed.
When he arrived and handed me the rifle and mag... I took a quick look and asked if this was the exact mag and ammo that was giving trouble. He said, yes sir.
I handed it back to him and said... Here is your problem...5.56 ammo was loaded in the mag in the dark of night and run thru the 6.8 rifle.
Dangerous situation.
A smaller caliber shot in a larger caliber is more forgiving. I state this as I once fired a 357sig round in a 40s&w. The recoil felt weird, but no harm was done. It cannot over pressure due to having a larger bore to pass extra pressure by. Having 6.5gren, 6.8spc, 5.56nato and 300bo in AR-15 so I can check for all misshap in cartridge interchange by bolt closure. I'll remove firing pin before testing. It all comes down to AWARENESS! Be safe! Glad I wasn't worse!

I'm the only one to load mags, black 30 rounders for 223, tan 20 rounders for 300bo and the magwells are color coded. Id like to try the ARC but aint going through the hassels of keeping it seperate from the Grendel. The 450 bushmaster doesnt seam to be a problem😎
thumbnail_IMG_0992.jpg

Was shooting AR yesterday. About 10 or 11th shot the rifle blew up. I was shooting factory rounds from a reputable manufacturer (bulk box of 1000). At the shot I felt powder hit my face. The bottom was blown out of the magazine and several rounds in the mag were dented/deformed. Bottom of bolt carrier was mangled. Got home and got the bolt back and this is what is left of the case and the projectile that came out has me dumbfounded. Take a look at pics and tell me your thought please. View attachment 368915View attachment 368914View attachment 368913View attachment 368916
Regarding that bullet it would appear that SIZE DOES MATTER!

Recent Posts