Scam website?

MtPockets

Hi all,

After an exhaustive but unsuccessful local search for supplies, I started looking online and found a retailer out of Phoenix that had what I wanted at a very good price and better yet had free shipping!
The concerns are that I have never heard of them and that they do not take credit cards per se, but seem to prefer crypto.
They do accept Paypal, but only as "Friends and Family". Throws up a HUGE flag!

The website looks legit, but the payment thing has me wondering.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks in advance!

Haven't done business with them and all signs point to danger/scam. Unfortunately, our shooting passion has spawned a crap ton of scammers who know all to well that we are chomping at the bit to score components and are using that against us. Stay with the big dogs, Powder Valley, Midsouth Shooters, Scheels, etc., and be patient. Ol' Rooster knows a site that'll filter out the scammers, maybe he'll chime in. BTW, love the avatar.

Any online retailer that does not take credit cards should be a huge red flag. Any business relying on PP F&F or any of those other online payment schemes is not a legit business. AVOID. Someone, either on this site or snipershide, recently researched and published a list of nearly 1000 fake web sites. They WILL look legit, but they are not. Be especially wary if a site is saying they have stuff that other places can't seem to stock.

That site lists an FFL, which comes back to

License Name:​
BLUNT, GARY​
Trade Name:​
Premise Address:​
4746 E GREASEWOOD AVE
APACHE JUNCTION
AZ - 85119
The phone number listed includes a +1. Americans don't use the +1 - it's always assumed within US, so that suggests the site is written by someone outside the US and just using some poor sucker's FFL number. The web site says its address is different from what's on the FFL. It's a Federal violation for an FFL holder to conduct any business at any address other than the one on the license, so that's another clue that they hijacked someone's info. That's how these scammers work - they use legitimate people's and businesses' names & addresses so it looks like it's legit. Common techniques in the old "I'll buy what you're selling and send you more than you're asking and you send me the balance" scam.

The address listed on the web site is a business park - so any legit address there is going to include a suite number.
Also note that the web site URL says it's armtechandarchery and their logo says the business name is Arms Tech Archery Ltd
Ltd is a Brit company identifier - we use Co, Company, Inc, LLC, etc
The flags go on and on - this is just from briefly looking critically at their home page, without even getting into the whole "we have products no one else does - and cheaper, too" scam clue and the "we only take bogus payment methods with no recourse" scam clue.

And then there's this:

Last edited:
I cant thank you enough for all that info, Brian!
I did google the address and thought the same thing, but I never thought about looking into the FFL or the other flags either.
Obviously, I'm going to steer clear.
I hope that by posting this that others find the information useful, too, not just for that particular website but also for any others we may come across.

Thanks again and have a great day!