Savage tenon thread LENGTH (small shank)

I use .240/.250" in my pre-fits without any issues.

The recoil lug is .220, same as the factory lug. However, this is on a Savage Impulse, which is a different setup from your standard model 10. There's a barrel extension that the barrel threads into, and recoil lug is different. BUT... keep in mind this came as a complete factory rifle that was headspaced correctly. Barrel nut and recoil lug are the same as what came on it. The only difference is the barrel, specifically the length of the threads.

Since your barrel is already made, I would not worry about any "specs" other than whatever it takes to make it work. Cut a little off the barrel nut or add a few threads to the barrel and be done with it.
I get that there are a number of ways I could work around it, but question remains "who did the wrong thing here?"
I'm sure the pre-fit manufacturer would like to know if they're doing it wrong, and others would like to avoid this problem.
On the other hand, if it's within the Savage spec, then Savage should probably know that barrels on the short end of that spec won't work with their Impulse rifles.

Isn't the new Savage "Impulse" the New straight pull bolt action they make. I didn't realize anyone was making "Prefits" for the Impulse setup.

The recoil lug is .220, same as the factory lug. However, this is on a Savage Impulse, which is a different setup from your standard model 10. There's a barrel extension that the barrel threads into, and recoil lug is different. BUT... keep in mind this came as a complete factory rifle that was headspaced correctly. Barrel nut and recoil lug are the same as what came on it. The only difference is the barrel, specifically the length of the threads.
That's why I said to send it back.

Isn't the new Savage "Impulse" the New straight pull bolt action they make. I didn't realize anyone was making "Prefits" for the Impulse setup.

They use the same old small shank Savage barrels in the Impulse (the predator model anyway). The factory Savage barrel I took out of my Impulse is the same as the factory Savage barrel I took out of my model 10.

Send your pictures to the barrel manufacturer. Tell them it's too short to get correct head space. Add a picture with your caliper on your old barrel threads for them.
Most likely they will send you a return authorization to send it back. The bonus is that they will be able to offer the correct option to future customers and edit their sales literature. Sure you can't get your time back maybe they will even send you a partial refund for all the help and your inconvenience.
Options
1)Or if you have a lathe just put a thread relief (groove) at the last thread.
2) use a dremel tool and do the same as step 1
3) grind down the nut and put the factory side toward the action so if it's not perfectly flat it won't matter.
Best of luck. 😎