Savage stock

TC338

Looking at picking up a savage model 10T-SR. What stock would be a good upgrade for this rifle? Planning to target shoot and deer hunt with this rifle.

I just got my Choate tactical yesterday, I like it so far. I like the cheek piece and monopod that they offer.
It's kind of a bulky stock, but the ergonomics fit me well for long range shooting.
I first started using that style of stock with the Boyds ProVarmint. This is a step up form this with the alluminum bedding block along with the mono pod, cheek piece and front bipod adjustments.

I just got my Choate tactical yesterday, I like it so far. I like the cheek piece and monopod that they offer.
It's kind of a bulky stock, but the ergonomics fit me well for long range shooting.
I first started using that style of stock with the Boyds ProVarmint. This is a step up form this with the alluminum bedding block along with the mono pod, cheek piece and front bipod adjustments.

+1! Those Choate stocks are made like a tank.

OP, you might also want to consider the chassis option depending on your personal choice and budget. Good luck!

I have a choate also and they are very solid. they're fat in the grip when compared to a fiberglass stock, but not so much that you can't grip the rifle. I used mine for a heavy long range 284, so their weight wasn't and issue. If you're not carrying the gun, consider the tactical style choate.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts