Savage still very accuracte

Engineering101

I recently bought a new Savage Model 12 VLP DBM in 223 Rem. It will mostly be a prairie dog gun. I tried a couple loads using TAC with 53 grain VMAXs and settled on the best one. It will fill up a 1 inch square at 200 yards which is my criteria for a prairie dog gun. Since it did that pretty well I tried a group at 200 yards. See target below. You gotta like that out of a factory rifle.

Attachments

• 223 Rem 8 Aug.jpg
    223 Rem 8 Aug.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 81
I do like that out of the box accuracy. I bought an Axis in .223 last year. I loaded Hornaday 68,, gr. http with Tac, it shot like yours. Usually out of the box accuracy is reserved for factory ammo.

With your hand writing and organization I can 100% tell you're a degreed engineer! Oh the college days. Good shooting!

barrelnut

There is no doubt that I am the limiting factor in how well this rifle shoots... but it is nice to have a rifle where YOU are the limiting factor and not the rifle

300whisper

It takes one to know one.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts