Savage replacement stock

XILoveGunsX

I have a Savage model 10 in 308 with the new DBM and bolt release on the trigger guard. I'm having a hard time finding a stock that will fit that particular configuration. My question is can I get a stock that is inleted for a blind magazine rifle and cut out the hole for the bottom metal? I have found stocks that are designed for the DBM but with the bolt release on the top. Would modifying one of these stocks be a better idea? I can see how i would have to remove less material, but the stocks for even that model are limited. My budget wont allow for a $500+ stock so thats out of the question. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Or someone could just slap me in the face and show me what i am missing. looking for a tactical style stock like the B&C Varmint/Tac or even just a something like the Boyds Varmint thumbhole or EABCO has a Varmint thumbhole model that I like. At $100 for a boyds thumbhole it would be worth experimenting with the inlet job if you guys think that would work. Thanks in advance

Tuckergun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.