Savage stevens model 200 replacement stock

darrindlh

Does anyone have experience replacing the stock on the Savage Stevens model 200. Will any stock that fits the Savage model 110 work?

Yes and no. If your Stevens is an long action older stagger feed, yes any long action 110 stock will fit.

Any other configuration you can use the same configuration Savage stock.

That's a very short answer to a bit of a complicated question.

Savage has recently changed feed systems, stagger to center feed. They have also recently changed the bolt spacing on the short actions at the same time.

Tell us what exactly you have and we can give you a better answer.

I'll probably tell you just to call Stockade, SSS, or Joel Russo. In that order.

Take the action out of the stock.

If the mag stays with the action it is a stagger feed. Any long action Savage stock will work.

If the mag stays with the stock it is a center feed. Only the newer Savage stocks or center feed specific stocks will work.

Like I said before. Stockade and SSS specialize in Savages. They both make fantastic stocks for the price. Depends on if you want wood or composite. I also like Joel Russo's stocks. I don't know if he's set up for center feed stocks yet. Not that there is much difference, but there is some.

B&C makes good stocks for the money as well if your budget is a bit tighter. I don't think they make one for the center feed yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.