Savage Model 12 Bench rest and F-Class

cape cove

I was wondering if anyone here has one of these rifles and what kind of out of the box accuracy one can expect with good hand loads. I was toying with the idea of having a 6mm Norma Br built then I seen these rifles. Any info would be appreciated. TKS

Not exactly what you would think...my brother used one in competition out to 500 yards...2 inch groups are possible but usually near 3...it seems like 4 great shots and a flyer always mess it upisnorm.

I was wondering if anyone here has one of these rifles and what kind of out of the box accuracy one can expect with good hand loads. I was toying with the idea of having a 6mm Norma Br built then I seen these rifles. Any info would be appreciated. TKS
I have a 12 BR in 308. Legal in Open on a rest. Legal in F-TR with a bipod.

I put a sling stud on mine and now shoot it off a Sinclair Gen2 F-class bipod. Definitely a sub MOA rifle. You loose 1" of barrel which is about 25fps over the 12 F-class. Also being a BR, there is a lot less/no adjust-ability in the stock for shooting prone. I have not found this an issue as the check weld works for me. There are things you can do.

To stay legal of course there are weight weight limits unless you are doing this for fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts