savage build stock?

shawnb

Hi guys. Im having my smith turn a 28" rem varmint contour barrel on my savage weather warrior. It comes with the accustock which I will use for a while.

I want to upgrade to a stockade stock sometime. But cant figure out which one I like the most. PD tac, woodchuck, mule deer, or the spirter one. Im not sure what the action/barrel will weigh but I want to stay around 10-11 pounds finished with my luepold scope.

Anyone have any input?

I really like the stockade stocks. I have two of there PD tactical models. They are comfortable to shoot from any position. Might be a little on the heavy side but well worth it. Give Kevin a call and he will help you out if there is a better stock option for the type of shooting you will be doing if the PD tactical won't work for your needs.

Thanks guys. I imagine the woodchuck to be similar to the hs precisions on the rem sendero. Am I correct or no?

One thing I will causion on stockade, I have been waiting 11months to the day for my stock and when I called a few weeks ago he was/is still quoting 5-6 months delivery for new orders. I ordered a money saver PD with no other options on it and was told 5-6 months at that time. He has been very nice on the phone and through email contact but again expect a longer wait then what he is quoting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.