SAVAGE BOTTOM METAL OPTIONS

AZlongrangehunting

Hey guys, i have a savage trophy hunter XP 111 (110 same) bottom bolt release chambered in 7mm rem mag
I have decided to go the boyds AT-ONE stock option...
for bottom metal from savage its nearly the cost of the bottom metal for a DBM aics style mag
i have only found two options one being pacific tool and gauge which fits with the poly mags from magpul

and CDI both are the same price point $210 and im leaning towards the PTC bottom metal/trigger guard.

do i have any other options???????? and any feedback on either lower metal? i do want 5rn mags POLY for hunting is the reasoning for that so they aren't noisy metal with the slop

Last edited:
Which coal option are you using? There are long action mags that will allow 3.65 coal and the cip mags allow longer than that. I'd contact CDI to see what options they can provide. I've been running metal magazines for 35 years. Most of my shots on game are inside of 100 feet not yards. I have not had a 5rd mag make excessive noise that cost me a shot to date.

Which coal option are you using? There are long action mags that will allow 3.65 coal and the cip mags allow longer than that. I'd contact CDI to see what options they can provide. I've been running metal magazines for 35 years. Most of my shots on game are inside of 100 feet not yards. I have not had a 5rd mag make excessive noise that cost me a shot to date.
Copy and I'm just standard savage long action mags same as 300 win mag my actual coal... off hand I cant recall 3.2?

I think standard savage dbm allow 3.6 coal. That can be ordered from savage

try accurate mag. I use their bottom metal with the three shot cip. mags and have no problem with noise but not sure if they have one for the bottom bolt release

I've looked into this a few years back, for my savage 110. The OP has seen this, but the CDI does not extend below the stock like PTG. I optioned for the PTG as it supports the mag. They both require some contouring of the stock. Now that said, since then this product has come to light. If you are shooting factory loads and there's not a need for longer coal. Check this out...

Dark Eagle Customs 6 rd & 10 rd mag
http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/magazines.php

upload_2019-1-19_10-55-4.png

I've looked into this a few years back, for my savage 110. The OP has seen this, but the CDI does not extend below the stock like PTG. I optioned for the PTG as it supports the mag. They both require some contouring of the stock. Now that said, since then this product has come to light. If you are shooting factory loads and there's not a need for longer coal. Check this out...

Dark Eagle Customs 6 rd & 10 rd mag
http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/magazines.php

View attachment 118471
i likely wont ever be shooting factory loads just my loads and they are considerably longer

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.