Bottom metal

Everyone gives PTG **** but I've never myself had anything but excellent quality and quick shipping from them When I buy from them, their parts are amazingly good fitting and well enough finished for the application and arrive quickly. I have barrel nuts, bottom metals, bolt bits, reamers and all kinds of stuff ordered from them so I have quite a bit of experience across their product line.

People that say, "ooh PTG bad" are largely bullpoopers who've never owned anything from PTG, have never done business with PTG and are frequently just repeating BS they read on some forum. Personally I've noticed a lot of gun guys are whiny little twits that pitch a huge Karen level fuss over any little thing. Really, a lot of y'all are as childish and whiny as 11 year old girls.

If you don't want to order from PTG direct, MidwayUSA carries a lot of PTG stuff in stock.

I have a rule for dealing with with EVERY vendor: Only order from them if the item shows as in stock and they have several available. It works really well for me and I've never been disappointed in my choice of whom to do business with. Even PTG.

Never once said PTG made a bad product, only that their CS was horrible. I've been burnt twice by them (by burnt I mean products showed in stock on website but were not and took months to get/product custom made with a expected date @ 4 months turn into 8 months. First world problems I know..). I've spent countless hours from random countries like Iceland and Norway on the phone trying to cancel orders and being lied to over and over again saying the product will be shipped out next week. Was told they'd call me back with never as mush as a missed call.
So yes, I'll never deal with PTG directly again. No issues buying their stuff from places I can trust like Midway and Brownells.

I buy several parts a month, normally one big order, but even when it's a small order, and it's in stock, I never have an issue.
All my parts are subjected to electronic ITAR tracking, so I find quick turn around, even on parts that have been listed in stock but actually weren't, an extra week or 2 and they have covered the cost of shipping.
I have zero complaints with their parts or CS.
In a side by side comparison on fitting, I am yet to see another brand that fits as well as a drop in part like the PT&G bottom metal does.
I have 2 of their Mauser '98 Oberndorf bottom metal pieces, before they dropped production, and they are as good as a Recknagel on fit & finish.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.