Savage Action

patkinson

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Savage 12 FV Action in blue or stainless?(action only) I have written Savage, but I haven't gotten a response back yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Savage sells the SS short actions by themselves, any FFL should be able to order you one. It may be cheaper to buy a complete rifle and sell the unused parts.

Northlanders or just hit the pawn shops, I just found a mod 11 for $275 granted it took a couple of months to find but it's going go from a 243 to 308 in about a month :D I have seen several rifles built using the Stevens 200 action and if Jim still has any they can be had pretty resonable put a good trigger on it and your done and for the most part have the Savage action! that Accu-Trigger is good but one of the SSS or Rifle Basic triggers will make you much more happy. Later,

Kirk

Savage Arms, doesn't sell actions, however, if you find a used firearm at a gun show, strip it, sell off what you do not want, you will have the action at a reduces price.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.