Savage action and 28 nosler

Jeremyc

I have a 300 win mag savage that I was going to rebarrel into a heavy barrel 300 win mag and put an aftermarket stock on it but now I'm thinking about turning it into a 28 nosler. What modifications would it take?

I'd like to know also.
Maybe not much except modify/open up the feed lips on the magazine.

if you stay to 3.450 just tweek feed lips on mag. if you long throat it you will need new bottom metal ai mags and mill action. I have the 27 nosler and use accurate mag bottom metal with 3 shot 3.850 mags works great.

if you stay to 3.450 just tweek feed lips on mag. if you long throat it you will need new bottom metal ai mags and mill action. I have the 27 nosler and use accurate mag bottom metal with 3 shot 3.850 mags works great.

Do you have a SAAMI spec chamber or long throated?? Can you reach the lands with out milling your action?

Do you have a SAAMI spec chamber or long throated?? Can you reach the lands with out milling your action?

it is actually the 27/26 nosler with a long throat 3.635 col with 170 bergers. had to mill action for mags the 28 nosler with 195 bergers guys are getting 3.700 col

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.