savage 7-08 twist

kshunter

Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while but I just wanted to get some opinions on sthe savage twist rate for their 7mm-08 they list a 1:11.5 twist, seems kinda slow does anyone have any experience with 162 A-max bullets out of one of these rifle/twist rate combos. Will that twist rate stabilize 160 class projectiles? I have my doubts but just wanted to see if anyone agrees or disagrees. Thanks in advance for the input!

Hey everyone, I haven't been on for a while but I just wanted to get some opinions on sthe savage twist rate for their 7mm-08 they list a 1:11.5 twist, seems kinda slow does anyone have any experience with 162 A-max bullets out of one of these rifle/twist rate combos. Will that twist rate stabilize 160 class projectiles? I have my doubts but just wanted to see if anyone agrees or disagrees. Thanks in advance for the input!

About all you can do is try it and see.

My guess is not very well.

A 1 in 9 would be my first choice for 160gr+ bullets.

You would probably have to shoot 120 to 140grain bullets to have any chance of accuracy.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts