Savage 6.5 mod

Rogmay

I have a savage model 12 in 223 that I am looking to convert to a 6.5 Creedmoor, it has a single shot target action, looking to change bolt head to a standard, take off the factory 26 inch stainless bull barrel and replace with a shilen select match grade, have it crowned/threaded and assembled all for under $600. It has The factory laminate wood stock. Looking to shoot steel out to 1000+ and target shoot. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks and advance.

Since this will probably not be your last barrel change with a savage, contact Northland Shooter Supply, order a profit, tools, get go no-go and do the swap yourself. It shoul be under 15 minutes after you do the first.

Might be a dumb question, but is a profit barrel threaded and crowned ready to go on? I don't have a problem doing this myself just new to this side of it. I have a couple friends with the tools that I would need!

Might be a dumb question, but is a profit barrel threaded and crowned ready to go on? I don't have a problem doing this myself just new to this side of it. I have a couple friends with the tools that I would need!

Yes. The chamber is cut, threaded for the action, and crowned. You can select your preferred crown and contour. It's a great way to go for a Savage.

Thanks for the reply's guys, now I can't wait for Monday to make some calls! Would it be worth it to look into replacing the recoil lug and barrel nut?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.