savage 338 edge McGowen barrel for sale

big bore al

i have just put together a savage 110 with a 32in mcgowen 338 edge barrel threds cut for 5/8-24 ar type brake i have a cheep brake on it now it is full 1in right up to the the end. 1in 9 twist acu triger polished and set light about 2lbs maybe less . in a mjr john plaster ultiment sniper stk . A one pice pec. type scope rail on it. I have about 40 rds down it just to brake it in . The action is left hand i will sell the barrel and brake for $400 or the compleat gun for $1500 i also have a 300 win mage 26in full bull i would sell that barrel for $250

What bullet where you shooting? how was the fouling for the first few shots? what was your load? I have a Mcgowen 338 edge build in the works right now?

I used the 250 nosler acu bond and 780 decouse I had it arond figured it would be good for brake in and fire formming with 93gr I was getting 3225 fps but had hard eject and louse primer ibacked it to 90 and I get 3075 fps. The fouling was not to bad I do like 780 it is about the same as H4831 but in ball form and from what I read is cooler and will extend barrel life over extruded powder I use a lot of it in my 300 mag which has a mcgowen barrel on it to those guys ot there are great to deal with have had no complants so far. I am going to try some 285 gr hornaday and H 1000 my barrel has a 9 twist wich is fast enufgh for the heaviest 338 bullets and if I shoot 225 or 250 then I'm not taking full advantige of the edge

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.