Savage 111 LA staggered feed Blind mag upgrades

bdown123

I'm covering an old savage 111 270 into a 300 win long range hunting rifle. I've got the new bolt face and the barrel on the way. I've been looking but can't find any information on if i can use chassis. The rifle is a top bolt release blind magazine staggered feed. I see that bell and carlson makes a stock but wanting a MDT. Is there a way to convert it to a detachable center feed or will any 110 long action chassis work?

just remove the blind mag box and then the action will have to have the mag opening enlarged to fit the detachable mag. it is simple mount your action in the chassis and look through the mag opening of the chassis and you will see where to remove metal. you can use a file, i use a dremmel tool to remove most and then clean it up with a file and then add a little bluing to bare metal.

just remove the blind mag box and then the action will have to have the mag opening enlarged to fit the detachable mag. it is simple mount your action in the chassis and look through the mag opening of the chassis and you will see where to remove metal. you can use a file, i use a dremmel tool to remove most and then clean it up with a file and then add a little bluing to bare metal.
So there shouldn't be any feeding issues? Just wasn't sure if the gap where the mag goes into the action would be the same with it being a staggered feed. I would assume a staggered fed clip would be larger.

I use the accurate mag or even the savage detachable mag bottom metal with factory mags, it all depends on which stock or chassis i use. all mags are centerfeed and feed just fine. I switch back and forth depending on what i am doing.