Savage 111 300 Win Mag

Cray7614

What is everyone's thought? What distances do you guys reach out to? And what price would be good to pick one up for used?

7614, just finished load development for a 111 using 215 Berger Hybrids. The process went quite well, the 215's are easy to find accuracy with. Not a fan of the polymer trigger guard, Tupperware stock and the standard crown, but the barrel looks pretty good with the borescope, shoots well and was purchased on sale. It belongs to my relative so I don't know what he paid for it. Good luck

I would recommend 180 Gr. bullets. They will provide the needed penetration on Elk , and destroy less meat on the smaller critters ! A 180gr load will still have any where from 1750 ft lbs to 1900 ft lbs of energy still at 500 yards depending on the choice of load. if you dont go cheap on scope, shooting out to 600 yards would be a piece of cake. price point for a used is about 500 to 600

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.