Savage 110 Re-barrel

Criterion barrel shoots great! Showed promise with three of the first five powders I tried. Did hit a stumper with the new rifle I put together, front steel maxima base was a weird .030 thinner than supposed to be. Couldn't get it down enough to get on target at home. Came right out of the package that way, never noticed and put it on, couldn't get the crosshair to boresighter up at gunsmiths. Opened another package and it was .030 thicker and problem went away. Did use the burris z rings so used an offset ring bushing to center the crosshair adjustments because I like them near center. Took a big chunk of my shooting time but still managed some shooting and barrel break in. 260 lothar walther barrel was limited to 3 shot strings due to heat but managed to get to the two's with a light 20" sporter barreled deer rifle. Life is good..........

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.