Savage 110 B&C Stock and Rebarrel?

Brydawg512

Hello all,

I have a new Savage 110 in 300WM. I am wanting to upgrade to a B&C stock, however, am running into problems determining which stock to purchase due to barrel inletting.

I currently have the stock barrel, but eventually want to rebarrel with a Criterion. What barrel contour would you all recommend for recreational shooting and hunting (as this is my hunting rifle I use for backcountry bear/deer and elk hunts)?

On that note, could I purchase the B&C stock made for a heavy contour barrel and utilize the stock with the stock barrel or would the barrel contour recommendation fall under the "standard contour" specification for the stock?

Thanks in advance.

I currently have the stock barrel, but eventually want to rebarrel with a Criterion. What barrel contour would you all recommend for recreational shooting and hunting (as this is my hunting rifle I use for backcountry bear/deer and elk hunts)?

For your stated purposes probably their heavy sporter contour (muzzle is .700 @ 26"). As for the B&C stock I have this one and it had to be opened up just a bit to better accommodate the Criterion barrel that sits in it.

160E7E34-D326-40BD-927E-FAB39D0A1229.jpeg

Tagging in. Bought my first savage 110 action. Looking for a vertical grip stock that won't break the bank. It's a budget build and not going to spend on McMillan or Manners.

I have the B&C M40 on my Savage. It's a good stock but I wish they made the Long Range Hunter for Savage inlets. I went with a Sendero contour Mcgowen barrel and it's a great balance for me between weight and accuracy. It's spiral fluted to bring some weight down. The rifle weighs right at 9.5 without scope or bipod. But it's also an ultra mag. With a standard magnum, you could get away with a smaller profile and maintain the same balance. #3-#5 depending on what you want in the end. You don't need a heavy contour barrel in a hunting rifle because you will more than likely never take more than 2 or 3 subsequent shots in the field

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.