New Savage 110 300 Mag, which stock?

shooterpunk2

Hey guys, I just received a Savage 110 300 WM. Im super stoked, this is my first bolt action long range rifle. Ive been looking on this site for years now, but money is limited so it's taken me a while to get one. As far as rings and bases, I was thinking about getting a warn base and burris XTR rings. Now the question I have is what are some good stocks for the savage long action? Does Bell and Carlson make the tactical stock in the long action? I wont be able to get a mcmillan or anything, just too much money. How are the B&C Duramaxx stocks? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

I'm running a Stockade Pdog on my Savage 112 300win. I got the money saver and did all the finish work myself. Great stock.

Since you are on a budget I'd suggest the EGW base over the Warne. Cheaper and works great with those XTR rings. I'm running the EGW bases on all of my guns.

My Savages just plain shoot. I was shooting my 220 Swift at 650 yards any my 300 win at 1100 yards this weekend. Killed a bunch of rocks. Both of mine have the factory 26" varmint fluted barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.