Savage 110 300WM - What should I do?? Reloading company recommendations?

Hello all,

I am finding myself feeling slightly discouraged about my current rifle/ammo situation...

Due to the virus and several other variables, I haven't been able to get the supplies to start reloading on my own. I am curious if anyone has a recommendation for a company that could do load development for my rifle? Additionally, what price should I be expecting for a service like this?

Additionally, I am finding that the sporter contour barrel on my rifle is not conducive for target practice, so am curious if purchasing a thicker contoured barrel would be in my best interest? If so, brand recommendations? Additionally, I assume if I go to a thicker barrel, a different stock will be in order?

Thank you!
I have a sporter barrel on my 300 wm and i have zero issues for target shooting. Yes the barrel gets hot faster but letting it cool is no big deal. Its alot lighter to pack around the mountains. Im shooting a 220 gr eldx with 80.1 gr of magpro with a C.O.L of 3.360" getting 2965 fps. Just food for thought.

Attachments

• 20210511_212158.jpg
    20210511_212158.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 60
Hello all,

I am finding myself feeling slightly discouraged about my current rifle/ammo situation...

Due to the virus and several other variables, I haven't been able to get the supplies to start reloading on my own. I am curious if anyone has a recommendation for a company that could do load development for my rifle? Additionally, what price should I be expecting for a service like this?

Additionally, I am finding that the sporter contour barrel on my rifle is not conducive for target practice, so am curious if purchasing a thicker contoured barrel would be in my best interest? If so, brand recommendations? Additionally, I assume if I go to a thicker barrel, a different stock will be in order?

Thank you!
We are all in this situation. If you get out in the smaller shops that stock for reloaders, you will find some stuff. It will be tough.

If you save links and constantly check them, eventually you will find primers and powder. You will.

Now is the time to get the press, dies, rifles, barrels, triggers, gunsmithing , etc then use fall's paychecks on powder & primers! Dies....find some Redding Type S match dies!

Im a Savage lover, so dont take this personally....

The factory barrel is crap, but the Savage crap is generally quite accurate....with great shooting and reloading, who knows 0.6" at 100??

The factory stock is crap. Can it be bedded? Probably not. A laminate, fiberglass stock or chassis could really help. Frankly, I would put it in a Bell & Carlson stock. They make several nice models. Bed it.

After you are reloading, then I would go to NSS and pick up a Shilen barrel to really dial it in!