Savage 110 300 PRC?

WEATHERBY460

2 questions, will Savage offer the 110 in 300 PRC next year?

If not, what 110 caliber should I purchase if I want a gunsmith to convert it tp 300 PRC?

Thanks

2 questions, will Savage offer the 110 in 300 PRC next year?

If not, what 110 caliber should I purchase if I want a gunsmith to convert it tp 300 PRC?

Thanks
300 WM should work. You would just have to set the barrel back 1 thread. Better yet, chamber it to 30 Sherman Magnum and use 300 PRC ammo to fire form your brass or even hunt with Hornady PRC ammo. The ones we've tested all shoot 3/8" @ 100 yards then reload with 3000+ velocity.
IMG_20190522_165355419.jpg
View attachment 137126

Any of the belted mags would make a good donor rifle. The PRC/375 Ruger case feeds perfect without modifying the feed lips, unlike the RUM or Nosler cases.

Savage magazines and mag boxes are pretty short so you may have to switch to using an AICS pattern mag to fit the OAL of the 300 PRC.

I think you can get a center feed mag for savage that will work for the Rum and Nosler cases

I had to switch to aics cip mags and bottom metal to run the ammo. It is too long for standard magnum magazines.

As far as the action I'm having to modify the feed ramp slightly and rear of the action cut out. Both are much more minor than I expected. I will have the barrel tomorrow from proof so I will do a test fit and then get to machining everything. I am using a 110 flatback

I think you could get a bolt face the size you need for a 110. Floating bolt head makes it simple. I mean, if you find one in say, -06 , at the right price, then get a bolt head for the case you need. Food for thought.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.