Savage 110 270/300 WSM question

Mike D Texas

Does anyone own a Savage 110 in either 270
Or 300 WSM? If so could you please let me know the internal length of the magazine?

My son in law is looking at buying one and I need to know if there's room in the magazine to seat the bullets out further. In factory ammo they are stuffed pretty deep in the case to fit in a short action gun. Below is factory vs ideal lengths with the factory Norma 180 Bondstrike ammo. If there's room in the magazine to get to 3.100" + that would be great. Even in the throat is a bit short we will lengthen it with a throating reamer to get it where we want it.

4A405AB0-66D6-4BD4-95ED-51FE0AC2F1B6.jpeg

they used to have model 10 short and 110 long now they are all 110 long & short. yes, the 300 win mag mags can be modified that is what i use they are 3.490, but the WSM will come short action with the 2.995 mag. if you want to build instead of buy go long action

they used to have model 10 short and 110 long now they are all 110 long & short. yes, the 300 win mag mags can be modified that is what i use they are 3.490, but the WSM will come short action with the 2.995 mag. if you want to build instead of buy go long action
He doesn't have the interest in doing a build. He's not a serious hunter, only goes a couple times a year here in Texas but has expressed interest in doing an Elk hunt in the next couple of years.

I just want to optimize his ammo the best I can within what he is buying.

If I can seat out to 2.960 or better that will be better than the factory 2.800

every savage i have shot has kept 3/4 to 1" with factory ammo it likes. quality reloads have done much better. that is one thing about savages is they might not be the most refined, but they can shoot

every savage i have shot has kept 3/4 to 1" with factory ammo it likes. quality reloads have done much better. that is one thing about savages is they might not be the most refined, but they can shoot
That's why I steered him that way. I found him a "package" deal for under $600. The scope is crap but will do fine for sitting in a box blind in Texas shooting 100 yards or less.

I told home he would have to upgrade when we go elk hunting.

Recent Posts